2001 Comedy/Adventure Rated R 99 Minutes
|In Theaters||August 24, 2001|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||September 19, 2006|
|On DVD||Not Available|
Jay and Silent Bob find out that Miramax, thanks to their old bud Banky Edwards, is making a feature film adaptation of their comic book alter egos, Bluntman and Chronic. Not only that, but they aren't getting their share of the profits and some losers on the Internet are bad mouthing their "good names." They decide to set out from Red Bank, New Jersey and head to Hollywood to put an end to this movie once and for all. Along the way, the drug-peddling duo run into all sorts of interesting and misguided individuals.
Rated R for nonstop crude and sexual humor, pervasive strong language, and drug content.
Box office gross: $30.1 million. View box office history.
Released by Buena Vista and Dimension. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: Stoner culture evolves in 'Never Goin' Back'
- We look back and rank the first two decades of Kevin Smith's films
- Does Marvel owe all of its film success to Kevin Smith?
- 'Sin City 2' trailer will mess you up big time
- 'This is 40' trailer sheds some light on 'Knocked Up' sequel
- Animated 'Jay and Silent Bob' movie in the works?