1977 Science Fiction/Fantasy Rated PG 125 Minutes
|In Theaters||May 25, 1977|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||November 10, 2015|
|On DVD||Not Available|
Nineteen years after the formation of the Empire, Luke Skywalker is thrust into the struggle of the Rebel Alliance when he meets Obi-Wan Kenobi, who has lived for years in seclusion on the desert planet of Tatooine. Obi-Wan begins Luke's Jedi training as Luke joins him on a daring mission to rescue the beautiful Rebel leader Princess Leia from the clutches of the evil Empire. Although Obi-Wan sacrifices himself in a lightsaber duel with Darth Vader, his former apprentice, Luke proves that the Force is with him by destroying the Empire's dreaded Death Star.
Rated PG for sci-fi violence and brief mild language.
Box office gross: $461.0 million.
Released by Fox. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'Solo' is uneven, but still magical
- Review: 'Star Wars Rebels' ends with a bang
- Review: Marvel shatters expectations with 'Black Panther'
- Review: 'The Last Jedi' fulfills its destiny
- Review: Disney hits a home run with 'The Freemaker Adventures Season Two'
- 'Solo' trailer just one of many Super Bowl movie surprises